Class A+D Stereo Amp bridgeable into a 330W mono amp
The NuPrime STA-9X, a 2 X 130W Class A+D stereo amp, bridgeable into a 330W mono amp, is designed with enhanced even-order harmonic circuitry that mimics the most attractive features of tubed and Class-A amp sound without incurring their drawbacks and limitations. The STA-9X’s frequency response to 50 kHz elevates vocals into emotional experiences; similarly, instrumental upper registers mimic a live performance’s shimmering heights.
The STA-9X amplifier improved upon the ULCAM (Ultra Linear Class A Module)+Class D design of STA-9 with the design concept from AMG-STA. By joining a robust high impedance singled-ended non-negative feedback amplifier circuit in the preamp stage with a dual feedback Class-D power stage, the STA-9X thus produce a warm and dynamic sound with remarkable speed and clarity. NuPrime amplifier improves on traditional Class-D switching design by using a self-oscillating circuit to generate pulse-width modulation. STA-9X switches at a frequency of 750kHz (highest on the market), well beyond the compact disc’s 44.1kHz sampling rate. Most class-D amps switch at 300kHz or lower.
Completing the ensemble is NuPrime’s new linear power supply with its high-efficiency toroidal transformer, therefore achieving reduced high-frequency noise and strengthened low-frequency performance. The damping effect of the NuPrime proprietary isolation feet absorbs and cancels vibrations that degrade audio performance. The overall result is unprecedented transient speed and an almost shocking level of dynamic impact.
In summary, NuPrime STA-9X has a sound characteristic that is spacious, transparent, dynamic, luxuriously textured with extended high-frequency.
- Improved over STA-9, the STA-9X Single End Non-Negative Feedback Class A and Dual Feedback Class D amplifier design derives from AMG STA. This design allows STA-9X to produce more details and higher resolution than STA-9.
- Stereo mode bridgeable into mono mode.
- Enhanced even-order harmonic (H2) circuitry that creates warmth and natural sound characteristic.
- Highly reliable under no-load condition and enhanced short circuit protection.
- 130% higher output current drive capability than STA-9 allows low impedance speakers to have better dynamic and power.
- Operating at 750 kHz switching frequency, it therefore produces higher resolution with extended frequency.
- A new linear power supply with a high-efficiency toroidal transformer which reduces high-frequency noise and strengthened low-frequency performance.
- The signal path avoids cross-linking capacitors, thus achieving a frequency response at the DC level for pure musical enjoyment.
- One pair of Un-Balanced RCA
- One pair of Balanced XLR
- TRIGGER IN (12V)
- One set of Stereo speaker (binding posts)#
- TRIGGER OUT (12V)
- Power Output (rated): 2 X 130W / 1 X 330W @ 8 Ohms
- Power Output (peak): 2 X 170W / 1 X 370W @ 8 Ohms
- THD+N: 0.005% (Stereo) / 0.005% (Mono)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: > 90dB at 1W, 10W, 100W
- Gain: x 28.5
- Input Impedance: 47k Ohms
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 50kHz
- Dimension: 235 mm W x 281 mm D x 55 mm H (including feet)
- Weight: 4 kg
- Worldwide AC voltage: (90VAC~130VAC // 210VAC~ 250VAC) with Voltage Select Switch
- AC Fuse: Slow-blow, 3A, 250VAC
- Available in Black or Silver color
#Please refer to the manual for bridged mono connection