Reference Class DAC With Balanced 4.4mm & 6.3mm Headphone Outputs Designed For Headphone Enthusiasts
With its IIS/DSD and XLR outputs and decoding capability of PCM 768K & DSD256, the NuPrime Alita is a reference-class DAC designed for headphone enthusiasts and studio professionals. With four digital and one analog stereo inputs, the Alita is a full-featured DAC and preamp ideally suited for high-end systems.The balanced 4.4mm ‘Pentaconn’ socket and 6.3mm standard stereo headphone outputs support Single Ended Unbalanced,Fully Balanced and Active Balanced Ground Driving headphone amplifier.
The Alita headphone amplifier derives from the NuPrime 10 Series and is capable of driving the most demanding headphones. The ‘Pentaconn’ socket (manufactured by Nippon Dics Co.) is the new unified standard for balanced headphone connection and hence chosen to be used in the Alita. Audiophile quality components and a fully balanced layout utilized, thus ensuring minimal crosstalk and maximum channel separation. Supplying up to 1.2W of output power, the circuitry supports Single Ended Unbalanced, Fully Balanced and Active Balanced Ground Driving. Besides offering a high level of transparency through both types of connection, each offers a slightly different flavor.
Through the 4.4mm ‘Pentaconn’ socket balanced output, listeners will appreciate the pristine background with the absence of noise. The soundstage is wide and possess a strong presence with a full and extended bass.
Through the 6.3mm socket output, the sound is clearly outlined and has a sense of naturalness. The midrange performance is a prominent highlight and imaging is solidly focused.
- Balanced 4.4mm ‘Pentaconn’ socket and 6.3mm standard stereo headphone outputs support.
- Single Ended Unbalanced, Fully Balanced and Active Balanced Ground Driving.
- NuPrime SRC IC chip (co-developed with IC vendor) provides DSP processing where Input signals are up-sampled to mega hertz before down converted to the targeted sampling rate with ultra-low jitter and distortion.
- AKM High Sound Quality Premium 32-bit Stereo DAC (AK4493 EQ) with warmer sonic characteristics, supporting USB PCM 768 and DSD256.
- A proprietary NuPrime implementation that is also capable of decoding DoP formats via coaxial and optical inputs.
- NuPrime vibration-free isolation feet (patent pending*) absorbs and cancels vibrations, hence further lifting audio performance.
- Extension port for Bluetooth dongle and WiFi audio streaming (optional)
- Full microprocessor control with memory retention, that also provides individually adjustable volume on each input for precise level matching of sources.
- High-End preamp volume control design similar to switch-resistor network, which also allows volume adjustment in 99 precise 0.5dB increments.
- Supports DSD native playback by ASIO2.1 and DoP method. Also, DSD is decoded natively with the same sample rate as the input source.
- Ultra-low-noise JFETs used in the input stage, hence the natural sound and lowest possible noise floor.
- USB Asynchronous transfer mode with driver software provided for Windows (driver not required for Mac OS and Linux)
- Very low power consumption on Standby Mode.
- Available in grey anodized aluminum finish.
- USB PCM/DSD Digital x 1 (PCM up to 384kHz & DSD up to DSD256)
- Coaxial Digital S/PDIF x 1 (PCM up to 768KHz supporting DoP format DSD256)
- Optical Digital S/PDIF x 1 (PCM up to 192KHz supporting DoP format DSD64)
- Extension Port x 1
- IIS/DSD HDMI connector x 1(PCM 768KHz/32Bit and DSD 256 data streams)
- RCA Single-Ended x 1 pair
- 6.3mm headphone out (Stereo) x 1
- MMCX 4.4mm “Pentaconn” balanced headphone out (Mono Mono) x 1
- RCA Single-Ended x 1 pair
- XLR Balanced x 1 pair
- Optical S/PDIF x 1 (PCM up to 192KHz supporting DoP format DSD64)
- Frequency response: 20 Hz – 20 KHz / ±0.3 dB
- SNR: > 110 dB
- THD+N: < 0.0005%
- Headphone Output Power: 1500 mW, 32 ohms, <0.01% THD, 115 mW, 600 ohms, <0.005% THD
- Analog Output Voltage: 4Vrms for RCA, 8Vrms for XLR
- Dimensions: 235 mm W x 281 mm D x 55 mm H (including feet)
- Weight: 2.5Kg
- Worldwide AC voltage: (90VAC~130VAC // 210VAC~ 250VAC) with voltage select switch
- AC Fuse: Slow-blow, 2.5A, 250VA