Ultra Low Noise Class A+D Integrated Amplifier with DAC and Wireless Port
The NuPrime IDA-8 consists of an ultra-low-noise integrated amplifier and digital-to-analog converter that decodes USB PCM 384 and DSD 256. The features, power and performance available within such a compact, well-built and designed unit is a real bargain for the price. The IDA-8’s spacious, transparent, dynamic and luxuriously textured soundstage has to be heard to be believed.
The NuPrime IDA-8 consists of an ultra-low-noise integrated amplifier and digital-to-analog converter that decodes USB PCM 384 and DSD 256 with the convenience of wireless audio in a small, handsomely designed home stereo component. With NuPrime’s Class A+D hybrid amplification technologies, the IDA-8 thus delivers the substance and warmth of Class A and the efficiency and speed of Class D amplification.
With all stages in one chassis, the IDA-8 avails itself of the shortest possible signal paths in order to facilitate vanishingly low levels of noise and distortion for a black-velvet background to music. By utilizing discrete components in NuPrime’s ULCAM (Class A) circuit, the IDA-8 has been fine tuned to reduce noise and provide maximum power. The NuPrime amp circuit improves on traditional Class-D design by using a self-oscillating circuit to generate pulse-width modulation. The amplifier switches at a frequency of 600kHz, while most competing class-D amps switch at 400kHz or lower.
Featuring many innovative designs such as the FPGA processing, high efficiency linear power supply and FPGA based switched-resistor ladder volume control, the IDA-8 achieves Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise (THD+N) levels of less than 0.005% while achieving a system efficiency of up to 93%. A frequency response extending to 50 kHz elevates vocals into emotional experiences and similarly, instrumental upper registers mimic a live performance’s shimmering heights.
- Ultra-Linear Class A Module (ULCAM) achieves audiophile-quality sound, coupled with Class-D’s dynamics, speed and efficiency. Extraordinary result of THD+N lower than 0.0015% and S/N ratio of -130dB for the preamp stage.
- NuPrime SRC IC chip provides FPGA processing with ultra-low jitter and distortion
- NuPrime vibration-free isolation feet (patent pending*) absorbs and cancels vibrations, hence further lifting audio performance.
- State-of-the-art DAC supporting USB PCM 384 and DSD256, that is also capable of decoding DoP formats via coaxial and optical inputs
- Analog line-out that can be also used as a Subwoofer output
- Extension port for Bluetooth dongle (included) and WiFi audio streaming (optional)
- Four digital inputs and one stereo input providing complete system flexibility
- Supports DSD native playback by ASIO2.1 and DoP method
- Ultra-low-noise JFETs used in the input stage for achieving the lowest possible noise floor
- Volume adjustment in 99 precise, 0.5dB increments, which also memorizes the setting for each input for precise level matching of all sources
- Advanced, thin-film switched-resistor ladder network for controlling volume, with a single resistor in the signal path at any volume setting
- USB Asynchronous transfer mode with driver software provided for Windows (driver not required for Mac OS and Linux)
- Very low power consumption on Standby Mode
- Includes remote control
- C1: Coaxial Digital S/PDIF (PCM up to 192K supporting DoP format DSD64)
- O2: Optical Digital S/PDIF (PCM up to 192K supporting DoP format DSD64)
- U3: USB PCM / DSD Digital (PCM up to 384K & DSD up to DSD256 )
- E4: Extension port for optional modules: NuPrime BTR-8 (Bluetooth aptX) or NuPrime WR-100D# (WiFi receiver).
- A5: Analog Stereo RCA (analog input will be digitized)
- One set of Stereo speaker (binding posts)
- One pair of Analog Stereo RCA (2V variable volume)
- USB Sampling Rates: 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz, 176.4KHz, 192KHz, 352.8KHz, 384KHz and DSD 2.8MHz, 5.6MHz, 11.2MHz
- S/PDIF Sampling Rates: 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96, 176.4KHz, 192KHz
- Maximum Sampling Rate: 32-bits
- Bit Resolution: 16-32-bits
- Power output: 100W x 2 @ 8 Ohms; 100W x 2 @ 4 Ohms
- THD+N: 0.005%
- SNR = 95dB
- Peak Output Power: 280w
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 50kHz
- Dimensions: 235 mm W x 281 mm D x 55 mm H (including feet)
- Weight: 4.3Kg
- Worldwide AC voltage: (90VAC~130VAC // 210VAC~ 250VAC) with Voltage Select Switch
- AC Fuse: Slow-blow, 3A, 250VA
- Available in Black or Silver color
* Note that when in standby mode, the LED light is blue (not red as stated in the manual).
# The NuPrime Wr-100 and WR-100D have been discontinued and superseded by the D-Stream Primo HD.