The MCH-K38 amplifier is derived from the ULCAM (Ultra Linear Class A Module)+Class D design first introduced in IDA-8. By joining a powerful high impedance single-ended amplifier circuit in the preamp stage with a well integrated Class-D power stage, the MCH-K38’s rich tube-like sound and tremendous speed is sure to impress audio enthusiasts. By utilizing a 1000W power supply and CMA capacitor array, the MCH-K38 fully exploits the Class A+D design’s ability to deliver massive amounts of power and speed when needed by a single or multi channels.
The NuPrime Sound
- Vast soundstage
- Wide, lightning-fast dynamics
- Ultra-low distortion and noise
- Music emerges from a pristine background, with delicate details and nuances intact
In summary, NuPrime’s sonic character stands well apart from – and indeed above – the soft, cushy sound we often associate with most tubed amplification or the dry, edgy sound we often associate with solid-state and switching technology. Rarely does an amp achieve an ideal balance of richly textured timbres and harmonics, bottom-end authority, startling dynamics, exquisite low-level detail, and a fully revealed, fully dimensional soundstage against a backdrop of mile-deep silence.
- RCA: Un-Balanced input x 8
- XLR: Balanced input x 8
- Stereo Speaker Out x 8 or
- Mono Speaker Out x 4
- Power: 8 X 210W at 4 & 8 Ohms / 4 X 400W @ 4 & 8 Ohms. MCH-K38 is able to maintain the same power rating at 8 Ohms due to a large power supply.
- Input Impedance: 47k Ohms
- Gain: x 22
- SNR < -95 dB
- THD+N: 0.02% (Stereo) / 0.01% (Mono)
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 50kHz
- Worldwide AC voltage: (115 VAC / 230 VAC)
- AC Fuse: Slow-blow, 7A, 250VAC
- Dimension: 430.3 mm W x 378.7 mm D x 98.55 mm H (including feet)
- Weight: 14.5 kg