A Reference LE Class Preamp
To meet the requirement of customers who want to eliminate extra components in their system, a high-end preamp capable of driving the power amplifier directly is an essential part of the design. The DAC-10H includes features borrowed from the Reference class P-20 preamp:
- Advanced, thin-film switched-resistor ladder network for controlling volume, i.e., a single resistor in the signal path at any volume setting.
- Individually adjustable volume on each input for precise source level matching.
- Volume adjustment in 99 precise, 0.5dB increments.
As the heart of an audio system, the DAC-10H supports an extensive number of inputs and formats. Utilizing the world’s best performing 32-bit audio DAC is only a first step for designing the ultimate DAC. When state-of-the-art solutions are readily available to all vendors, the experience and proprietary know-how in designing many Editor’s Choice and Product of The Year award-winning products elevate the NuPrime DAC-10H above the competition.
Several notable features:
- Five digital and two stereo inputs for system flexibility.
- SABRE32 Reference ES9018K2M from ESS Technology is one of the world’s best-performing 32-bit audio DAC solution for high-end consumer applications and professional studio equipment. With ESS’s 32-bit Hyperstream™ DAC architecture and Time Domain Jitter Eliminator, the SABRE32 Reference DAC delivers an unprecedented dynamic range of up to 127dB and THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion plus Noise) of -120dB, all of which put the DAC-10H at the industry’s cutting edge.
- Symmetrical signal processing with exact signal transmission over the entire frequency spectrum and extremely low harmonic distortion, ensuring an unadulterated musical presentation.
- Asynchronous transfer mode.
- Ultra-low-noise JFETs in the input stage for the lowest possible noise level.
- Supports DSD native playback by ASIO2.1 (up to 11.2MHz) and DoP (up to 5.6MHz) method.
- Sample Rate Display – 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384 kHz and DSD64 to DSD256.
- Unique dual gain settings for RCA with 2V or 4V outputs, XLR with 4V or 8V outputs; and each of the balanced and unbalanced headphone outputs with four different high power output settings.
- Exclusive driver software for Windows. Standard driver software for Mac.
Today’s best headphones can cost as much as a high-end DAC. Their owners demand a headphone amp that fully exploits their potential. Key features of the headphone amp:
- A 4-pin balanced and a standard 6.2mm stereo headphone amplifier outputs.
- Output circuitry designed for use with up to two dynamic headphones. Consistent wiring and the use of XLR-4 sockets ensure excellent channel separation.
- A gain switch for use with in-ear, on-ear and over-ear headphones.
- Linear power supply with multi-rail toroidal transformer.
- Independent left/right channel power supplies.
- 12V trigger output
- Full microprocessor control with memory retention
- Included remote control for full convenience.
- Available in stylish black or silver anodized aluminum finish
The NuPrime Sound
Just one listen confirms the DAC-10H as a true hallmark of audio performance:
- Vast soundstage
- Lightning-fast, wide-range dynamics
- Ultra-low distortion and noise
- Music emerges from a pristine background, with delicate details and nuances intact.
- 1 x USB Digital
- 2 x Coaxial Digital S/PDIF
- 2 x Optical Digital S/PDIF
- 2 x Analog Stereo RCA
- Stereo RCA (Line out). Output impedance < 100 Ohms. Max output: 2V (low gain); 4V (high gain)
- Stereo Balanced (XLR-3 socket pre-out ). Output impedance < 100 Ohms. Max output: 4V (low gain); 8V (high gain)
- Balanced headphone amplifier (XLR-4 socket )
- Unbalanced headphone amplifier (6.3 mm jack socket )
- USB Sampling Rates: 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz, 176.4KHz, 192KHz, 352.8KHz, 384KHz and DSD 2.8MHz (DSD64) , 5.6MHz (DSD128) 11.2MHz (DSD256)
- S/PDIF Sampling Rates: 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96, 176.4KHz, 192KHz
- Maximum Sampling Rate: 24-bits
- Bit Resolution: 16-24-bits
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 80kHz
- Output Impedance: 100 ohm
- Max. output power: 680 mW @ 1 kHz and 600 ohm load at the XLR-4 output
- Frequency response: < 10 Hz to > 100 kHz
- Crosstalk attenuation: min. 93 dB @ 1 kHz
- THD+N: < 0.0003%
- Dynamic range: > 115 dB @ 600 ohm load (A-weighted)
- Dimensions: Height: 59mm Width: 215.4mm Depth: 382.6mm
- Weight: 10.5 pounds ( 4.8 kg )
- Worldwide AC voltage: (90VAC~130VAC // 210VAC~ 250VAC) With Voltage Select Switch
- AC Fuse: Slow-blow,T2.5A, 250VAC
- With 110V outlet, the standby power consumption is below 1.17W.
- With 230V outlet, the standby power consumption is below 2W.
- With 110V outlet, the idle power consumption is below 13W.
- With 230V outlet, the idle power consumption is below 14W.
Gain control sets to LL ( Low gain for both Unit gain and Headphone gain (Vol @ 99)
6.3mm headphone jack
4P XLR balance headphone (For borh R & L)
4000mW (R ch) + 4000mw (L ch)
2600mW (R ch) + 2600mW (R ch)
1600mW (R ch) + 1600mW (L ch)
620mW (R ch) + 620mW (L ch)
320mW (R ch) + 320mW (L ch)
If Gain control sets to HL (High gain for Unit gain & Low gain for Headphone gain) output values x 2
If Gain control sets to HH (High gain for Unit gain & High gain for headphone gain) output values x 4
Differences Between DAC-9 and DAC-10/10H
The DAC-9 and DAC-10 are exceptional devices. We did not design one as inferior to the other. Users should make their choice based on preferences with respect to sound characteristics, system compatibility and features. While both DACs share the same volume control and preamp design, there are differences:
The DAC-9's sonic character is slightly warmer than that of the DAC-10. And the DAC-9 offers no integrated headphone amp. The DAC-10's sonic character falls closer to the absolutely neutral. The DAC-10 features two levels of gain setting for both preamp and headphone amp outputs, with its XLR outputs producing 16 watts of power respectively, thus allowing the DAC-10 to partner with and drive any power amp or headphone. The DAC-10 is the wiser choice for audiophiles who enjoy comparing power amps or do a great deal of critical headphone listening.